Provincial Priority Areas
- Strengthen Governance and Service Delivery;
- Integrated investment in Community Infrastructure;
- Promote Sustainable Economic Development and Job Creation;
- Develop Human Capacity;
- Implement a Comprehensive Provincial Response to HIV/AIDS; and
- Fight Poverty and Protect Vulnerable Groups in Society
- Development and participation of Sport and Recreation at all levels to address the issues of transformation, nation-building and quality of life.
- Promote and contribute to economic growth and opportunities sport and recreation.
- Promote and contribute to good governance in Sport and Recreation.
- Highly capacitated and skilled staff.
- Render an efficient and effective administration support service to the MEC;
- Provide Parliamentary support to the MEC;
- Promote accountability at all managerial levels and ensure the proper delegation of responsibilities to the relevant levels in the Department;
- Ensure sound financial accounting processes;
- Ensure compliance with the PFMA through the implementation of relevant financial management procedures;
- Promote financial control through internal inspectorate and control;
- Render human resource management and development;
- Ensure human resource planning, development, training and policy formulation;
- Manage labour relations and discipline;
- Provide auxiliary support services;
- Render communication and marketing services;
- Render administrative support to districts and clusters;
- Promote participation and development in junior sport;
- Promote participation and development in sport in communities;
- Promote participation and development in recreation;
- Co-ordinate the provision and development of sport and recreational facilities;
- Provide a research and information service.