Provincial Priority Areas
- Strengthen Governance and Service Delivery;
- Integrated investment in Community Infrastructure;
- Promote Sustainable Economic Development and Job Creation;
- Develop Human Capacity;
- Implement a Comprehensive Provincial Response to HIV/AIDS; and
- Fight Poverty and Protect Vulnerable Groups in Society
- To promote and contribute to the health and well-being of our citizens.
- To promote and contribute to improved performance through talent optimization, development and high performance programmes.
- To promote and contribute to good governance and accountability in sport and recreation.
- To transform the sport and recreation sector through the creation of access and equal opportunities for all.
- Promote social cohesion and national identity through participation in sport and recreation.
- Maximise access to sport, recreation and physical education in every school in KwaZulu-Natal.
- To provide strategic administrative support to enable effective and efficient service delivery to internal and external stakeholders by 2019.
- To provide strategic managerial direction towards achieving good governance through the establishment of efficient management forums and stakeholder consultations
- To deliver sport development and high performance programmes through affiliated provincial sport federations and other entities.
- To improve access through the delivery of community and school sport and recreation facilities.
- To promote mass participation and talent optimization through support for clubs and academies of sport.
- To promote the local economy & social cohesion by hosting/ supporting strategic/major and mass-based sport events.
- People actively participating in organized sport and active recreation events to promote active and healthy lifestyles.
- To promote active and healthy lifestyles through mass participation programmes implemented in activity hubs and clubs
- To provide an integrated and sustainable sport and recreation programme in schools